Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Manage multiple projects and locations in various states of construction
- Influence teams and drive toward shared goals and objectives
- Review and assess work plans and make quick decisions on how to proceed
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and provide leadership in the execution of complex, fast-paced and/or unorthodox construction project
- Solve problems while maintaining a high level of attention to detail while engaging others
- Employ an extensive knowledge of standards and regulatory requirements to assure compliance and proactive management of risk
- Identify leading indicators for use as KPI’s/metrics that are useful to stakeholders both inside and outside of the organization
- Clearly communicate company requirements and expectations
- Drive multiple high priority initiatives at the same time
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Manage contractors to ensure compliance with Rivian Safety requirements and regulatory requirements
- Support Rivian safety vision and comply with all safety rules, policies, and procedures
- Lead a construction EHS team “the Rivian way,” providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, commitment, vision and teamwork
The successful candidate will have proven leadership and subject matter expertise within the following areas:
- Electrical Safety
- Control of Hazardous Energy (Lockout/Tagout)
- Occupational Noise Control
- Exposure Assessment
- Emergency Response Planning
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space Entry
- Heavy Material Handling
- Powered Industrial Trucks
- Trenching & Excavation
- Fire/Life Safety
- Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
- Hazardous Substances Handling
- Waste Management
- Emergency response plans
- Risk assessment and hazard mitigation
- Permit to Work processes
- Root Cause Analysis
- High Risk Activity Management
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental, Health & Safety, Construction Management or similar
- 5-7 years of Construction Safety Management Experience
- 3+ years Leading Teams
- Working knowledge of U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration regulations and state plans as applicable
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Construction Health and Safety Technologist (CHST) or other recognized industry professional certification (Preferred)
- Experience implementing EHS framework and programming (Preferred)
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do work on the production floor with exposure to dust, fumes, orders, loud noise and varying temperatures.
- Ability to climb up/down ladders and stairs, negotiate uneven or moving surfaces, and work at varying heights.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.