Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Join a team developing the next generation general assembly production lines for Rivian!
- Build and manage a team working on general assembly automation technologies needed for launching & producing multiple vehicle systems.
- Define and execute on strategic milestones for implementing and scaling world class manufacturing equipment focused on assembly production lines.
- Execute on product and process validation path to achieve world class manufacturing objectives.
- Define and deliver prototype production facility
- Define and deliver multiple production vehicle and non-vehicle facilities
- Work with design engineers across multiple disciplines to influence product design with an eye towards advanced manufacturing
- Work on a multitude of technologies concurrently to continually assess mass production viability
- Work with external and internal equipment suppliers to deliver manufacturing line(s)
- Define production support requirements and help build local operations teams for continued program success.
- Masters/PhD degree in Material/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field
- 3+ years of experience managing a team
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering
- Industrial engineering experience working in high-volume assembly processes
- Ability to scale a team, scale prototyping, scale production
- Deep experience in manufacturing engineering and production challenges
- Ability to lead a team to accomplish company goals in a fast pace, demanding, dynamic environment
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Structured: able to organize chaos thru methodical framework and documentation to achieve goals harmoniously
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines, including product design, quality, construction, production, supply chain, controls, external vendors etc.
- Work with building design, construction and facilities in all phases of implementing new manufacturing centers
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.