Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are seeking a Global Supply Management, Construction and Facilities, Capex to join the CapEx Procurement team.
- Lead RFI/ RFQ/ RFP and strategic sourcing process.
- Develop sourcing strategies by analyzing the supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Lead contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA’s, General Terms & Conditions and Production Supply Agreements.
- Identify potential suppliers, analyze capabilities and develop a sourcing strategy and roadmap for Rivian stakeholders.
- Perform detailed analysis of quote submissions based on cost breakdown form data.
- Manage supplier relationships and performance through key performance metrics.
- Review Engineering, Design & Development (ED&D) costs with Engineering leads to ensure best-in-class cost is attained.
- Manage budget in collaboration with Rivian Finance team.
- Work closely alongside Manufacturing engineering and Program Management to support engineering requirements, execute against build milestones and track sourcing progress.
- Partner with the construction and engineering team to forecast demand, understand the application, review proposals, and select vendors.
- Support Supplier Quality plant audits and technical reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Supply Chain.
- Experience working with complex electromechanical assembly lines.
- 5+ years of experience in a Sourcing role, preferably for capital equipment or engineering and construction contracts.
- Experience negotiating contract and purchasing terms and conditions.
- Experience developing “should-cost” estimates and analyzing supplier quotes.
- Effective negotiation experience specific to electrical distribution and control equipment.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Analytical skills to ensure both internal and external requests are fulfilled.
- Attention to detail to ensure specifications being requested are received.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with automotive assembly lines.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.