Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Evaluation and testing of vehicle attributes and performance including: Noise and Vibration, Buzz, Squeak & Rattle, Water Management, Sealing, and Driving Dynamics
- Onsite support of product development for build of Verification Prototypes and early production vehicles to facilitate delivery of vehicle attributes and ensure vehicles are fit for intended test purposes
- Conduct initial full-vehicle attribute assessments at Normal Assembly Plant including Noise and Vibration, Water Leak/Management/Fording as well as other dynamic assessments
- Identify issues and shortfalls and report in Rivian issue management system
- Work with Design, Development and/or Manufacturing Engineers in root cause analysis and develop feasible solutions to challenging problems
- Assist in developing and implementing near-term containments and permanent solutions for identified issues
- Evaluate and verify effectiveness of corrective actions
- Ensure vehicles have necessary repairs or improvements prior to leaving Normal plant for additional attribute testing at other test sites
- Work closely with enterprise quality team to continuously improve processes and methods to ensure best-in-class quality
- Oversee build of vehicles requiring special attention and/or parts for subsequent testing
- An amazing attitude, can-do spirit, and adventurous mindset
- 3+ years of engineering experience in automotive or related field preferably with manufacturing/production experience
- Experience with full-vehicle testing and evaluations of one or more attribute (NVH, BSR, Sealing, Water Management, Dynamics)
- Excellent observation skills, attention to detail and passion for problem solving
- Proven track record of problem solving and independent root cause analysis
- Engineering, Physics, or similar Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University, Master’s preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Work openly and effectively in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated leadership and ability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.