Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design and implement processes & equipment to allow Rivian to grow vehicle and non-vehicle production capacity in line with corporate goals.
- Be Rivian Subject Matter Expert in assembly test applications
- Specify test equipment and data processes based on product design requirements and tolerances.
- Collaborate with suppliers to develop new advanced equipment and methods
- Establish manufacturing data architecture for test applications and specify requirements for data systems.
- Be part of a world-class engineering team, with a focus on high quality work and rapid project deployment.
- Develop equipment calibration and validation plans for prototype and production equipment.
- Actively look for ways to add value beyond specifically assigned scope of work.
- Provide metric based project updates to management team at milestones and as needed throughout a program.
- Understand and follow company and industry standards and best practices in project implementation.
- Challenge assumptions that are not backed up by a thorough engineering evaluation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering role with 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing engineering (or related) role.
- Measurement systems experience (Gage R&R, process capability, design validation, quality control).
- Demonstrated experience with battery systems.
- Experience with Test & Measurement Equipment (DMMs, Oscilloscopes, Data Acquisition)
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing skills (Cycle time, quality control, efficiency, equipment selection, return on investment, etc).
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate ability to solve complex technical problems and see the solution implemented to a high level of accuracy & quality.
- Strong desire to learn and comfortable working to completion in ambiguity.
- Capable of working and collaborating across several cross functional disciplines, including vendors.
- Desirable: Experience with Python or other programming languages, PLC, NI equipment, CAN UDS, TCP-IP, FLIR cameras, CTS equipment, laser welding.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.