Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work directly with:
- The Strategy and Finance teams regarding pre-close quality of earnings, financial due diligence, valuations, and recommendations
- The Financial Reporting team on reporting and disclosure requirements
- The Tax team on tax implications of potential transactions
- The Corporate Accounting team on close and post-close journal entries
- Report to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting with a focus on close and post-close accounting
- Manages and supports all phases of deal execution, including coordinating due diligence activities and assisting with structuring, deal negotiations, closure and integration preparation
- Advise on transaction structuring, acquisition accounting, put and call options, contingent consideration arrangements and transactions with non-controlling shareholders
- Draft close and post-close technical acquisition accounting memos, conduct or oversee fair value calculations, and perform purchase price allocation.
- Perform post-acquisition closing net working capital adjustment analysis.
- Prepare recommendations and presentations for executive and business leadership
- Develop and maintain supporting documentation for internal and external auditors
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- CPA licensed, with a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- 5+ years of public accounting or consulting work experience, can include 1-2 years of corporate accounting work experience
- 3+ years of experience accounting for corporate transactions
- Experience assisting with the operational details of transactions throughout the M&A transaction life cycle
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including experience with accounting guidance applicable to business combinations, such as Financial Accounting Standards Board’s Accounting Standards Codification Topic 805, Business Combinations
- Strong financial, research and analytical skills with ability to assimilate and analyze data, extract insights, and make informed recommendations
- Ability to manage projects, including working knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including when involving cross-functional teams and presenting recommendations and findings to key stakeholders and executive-level management
- Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.