Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Lead a group of technicians to perform “slow” build of the prototype power electronics products including both on-vehicle and off-vehicle products.
Work with Design release Engineers (DREs) to create prototype assembly instructions
Work with DREs and production manufacturing team to develop the prototype build processes
Work with outside suppliers to support both prototype and production build processes
Train technicians and assemblers of required build processes
Work with engineering quality team to implement quality assurance check points for prototype builds
Order hardware for prototype builds
Review the product mechanical design with team and design required assembly and test fixtures
Support of running daily build status meetings
Capture products build related issues in JIRA system and resolve issues with DREs
Manage prototype group team members during manager’s absence
Support DREs on product designing
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related engineering field.
- Minimum 5 years of professional work experience in automotive or engineering product designs
- Knowledge or experience with sheet metal forming, and other component manufacturing processes
- Knowledge or experience in product prototype or high-volume production builds and working with technicians/assemblers
- Knowledge or experience in creating work instructions, rework process, and developing production intent processes
- Ability to work independently and manage several challenging projects simultaneously
- Product Supply Chain Experience
- Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
- Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5.
- Proficient with Microsoft office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio.
- Always maintains a positive and proactive attitude
This is Where You'll Work
Department: Electric Power Conversion Group (EPC)
Location: Carson CA 90746
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.