Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
A vehicle dynamics expert with tire development experience
- Work with tire suppliers to provide feedback on current performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Define and organize testing programs that provide detailed objective and subjective information to the rest of the organization
- Assist testing team in preparing and conducting performance tests, including coordination of tests, processing data and generating reports
- Instrument vehicles prior to testing and operate data acquisition systems
- Benchmark competitive vehicles, record relevant information and refine Rivian’s target metrics
- Maintain testing equipment
- Help develop full vehicle simulation models
- Own tire model fitting correlation and various other aspects of the tire model
- Utilize full vehicle simulation models to optimize the development of the vehicle platform by running “what-if” scenarios based around dynamic performance
- Maintain knowledge of DOT (Department of Transportation) procedures and regulations in regard to tires
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Chassis, Powertrain, Body, Interior and Controls teams to improve the integration of the vehicle subsystems into one harmonized driving experience
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in automotive Chassis development / vehicle dynamics
- Hands-on attitude, ability align and set-up the vehicle for testing
- A solid understanding of the core concepts of vehicle dynamics
- Full vehicle simulation experience
- Detail-oriented personality
- Competent using data acquisition systems
- Proficient in writing test specifications, instrumenting vehicles and executing efficient vehicle tests
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone.
- Working Hours
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.