Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Report to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting and own future technical financial reporting processes, including earnings and compliance reports under a tight timeframe
- Prepare financial reporting packages, including financial statement footnotes and support, in accordance with GAAP
- Ensure reports and documentation comply with company regulations, professional standards, and GAAP reporting guidelines and timelines
- Maintain the external reporting calendar, strict document quality, and version control
- Draft high quality MD&A disclosures and manage tie-outs and internal and external review of all MD&A supporting documents, in addition to non-GAAP disclosures and reconciliations such as Adjusted EBITDA and Adjusted Net Income
- Prepare presentations for disclosure committee, audit committee, and/or board members
- Research financial reporting guidance from applicable regulatory bodies and draft memos interpreting the application of related reporting requirements
- Prepare and maintain support for external auditors
- Assist internal auditors by owning controls design documentation and evaluating controls as new systems are developed and/or processes change
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- CPA licensed, with a Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including public accounting or consulting
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and disclosure requirements under US GAAP or IFRS regulations and ability to research
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including experience with accounting for complex transactions such as debt and equity financings, issuing stock-based compensation, and business combinations, and assessing and implementing new accounting standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including when involving cross-functional teams and managing deadlines involving executive-level management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively; goal-oriented
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Adaptable to change, both big and small
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process improvements
- Experience with Wdesk, Intelligize and/or Senieo benchmarking tools, and Donnelley ActiveDisclosure a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI OR Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.