Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
System Test Lab Technician
This is what you will do:
- Setting up system test buck systems for various functional system tests.
- Provide training to others on test procedures
- Leading of standalone instrumentation implementation projects
- Leads, implements, setup and utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters.
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document electronic functional failures.
- Perform wire harness assembly crimp and pin, soldering / de-soldering, etc.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics, drawings and use manufacturers' product data sheets.
- Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing of automotive electronic components.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Able to move/lift heavy boxes fixtures.
This is what you will need:
- Technical degree or certification in electronics or related field.
- 1+ years of electronics technician experience.
- Experience power tools, mechanical tools, fabricating special test equipment such as fixtures, test boxes and test harnesses.
- Experience with soldering & re-work.
- Experience with electrical testing and equipment (Volt Meter, CAN diagnostics,)
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
- Able to navigate ambiguity.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.