Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Incident Response Engineer is a hands-on technical role which is involved in all aspects of the Cyber Security incident response life cycle
- Analyze network traffic, endpoint indicators, and various log sources to identify potential threats, assess the potential damage, and recommend countermeasures
- Implement techniques to assist with the detection of threats
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
- Recommend configuration changes to improve the performance, usability, and value of threat analysis tools
- Communicate with all levels of technology and operational staff, assist in creation and follow methodologies, creating clear, concise deliverables
- Support e-discovery efforts
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
- Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
- Build relationships with cross functional teams within Rivian
- 2-3 years of experience as an incident responder for cybersecurity incidents, performing security incident investigation (Investigate, analyze, improve, document and deploy.
- 5+ years of cyber security experience.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment, operating 24/7/365, and provide support in weekends when required.
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.