Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for a strong Engineering Manager to lead our fleet and business identity team as part of the Core Services organization. In this role, you will lead our high performing team of engineers whose primary focus is to build a robust product to support multi-tenancy, data isolation for internal and external consumers. This a high profile, cross-functional role which needs strong collaborative skills to be able to help define and create identity-centric solutions with strong focus on scalability, flexibility, security, API driven backend service running as serverless microservices.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with product managers to understand the requirements and architect solutions
- Collaborate with various partner engineering teams to support their needs in a timely manner
- Lead a team of talented engineers to build RESTful microservices and internal tools
- Manage product backlogs and lead the team in SCRUM activities
- Define key metrics and KPIs and implement them to ensure maximum service uptime
- Ensure development using Test-driven development (TDD) process.
- Ensure code review guidelines are defined and met to produce high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems with a focus on testability and system integration.
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related engineering field
- Minimum of a combined 10 years of experience as a software engineer and manager
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as an engineering manager
- Must possess strong experience in building cloud native, distributed, and scalable microservices
- Strong system design and architecture skills
- Experience working in a fast paced, agile work environment
- Passionate about fostering a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Familiarity with event driven architecture for inter-service communication
- Knowledge of Role Based Access Control (RBAC), fine grained authorization
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and think creatively
- Demonstrated ability to hire and retain top engineering talent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic mindset – able to think far enough into the future while ensuring near term execution and providing glide path into the future vision
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.