Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for results oriented collaborative problem solvers, who can lead cross-functional teams through complex problem solving structured methods and tools. This position will manage projects and coach people, that span design and manufacturing. Success in this role will be leading teams to find opportunities to improve, both effectively and efficiently.
- Lead Rivian 5 Always Improving problem solving process across Rivian to drive performance across key quality metrics and deliverables.
- With a focus on Product Quality, lead projects focused on delivering our quality objectives across all vehicle attributes and features, with a focus on performance impacting vehicle targets of Customer Satisfaction, Initial Quality, and Reliability.
- Train, coach and mentor all levels within Rivian on all aspects of the Rivian 5 problem solving methodology and tools.
- Serve as a coach and a mentor while driving a culture of customer focused structured problem solving, while demonstrating our Rivian Compass behaviors.
- Reinforce our Measure to Learn strategy by building a data-driven culture thru training and coaching on the foundations of metric development, measurement systems analysis, statistical process control and process capability.
- Continue to drive enhancements in the Rivian 5 toolbox.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an (ABET) accredited university or 10 yrs. Related Experience
- Certified Master Problem solver, Six Sigma or Shainin Red X. Preferred ASQ Certified Master Black Belt (CMBB) or Shainin Certified Red X Journeyman.
- 10+ years experience in product development / manufacturing (automotive a plus)
- 10+ years experience in complex problem solving delivering sustainable results across the following issue types: design, manufacturing, and customer/field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in coaching teams as well as expert level experience in the use of simple to complex problem solving tools including: Value Stream Process Mapping, Is-Is Not, Measurement Systems Analysis/Gage R&R, 3x5 Why, FMEAs, Statistical Process Control, Cause & Effect Matrix, Strategy Diagram, Isoplot, multi-vari analysis, paired comparison, confirmation test, hypothesis testing, ANOVA (analysis of variance), DOE (classical and Taguchi), etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to drive teams to come together along the problem solving journey
- A passion for working in a strong cross-functional and collaborative environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.