Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop trusted relationships with business leaders at Rivian responsible for global commercial sales and marketing of Rivian vehicles, service and dealership operations, charging and energy products, and other services to analyze the impact of legal, compliance, counterparty and other risks in contractual agreements, terms and conditions, disclosures, process flows, and the customer experience journey.
- Provide global legal support for Rivian service operations, fleet sales, and charging and energy storage products and services.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a variety of commercial agreements, with a focus on strategic partnerships and third party services required to support aligned business areas.
- Work closely with internal clients and senior members of the legal team on fraud prevention, payments compliance, privacy and data security.
- Support proactive development of legal and regulatory resources to support Rivian's growing commercial footprint, including development of training materials, knowledge repositories, policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution, and other matters as they arise.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 3-6+ years of legal experience, with an emphasis on vehicle service operations, or business to business digital sales or leasing transactions or analogous areas. In-house experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with one or more of vehicle sales or service, or charging and energy storage, preferred. International experience is a plus.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to learn and adapt to serve the growing needs of the business.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA / Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.