Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with international team members from with-in, as well as other customers
- Create continuous improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans.
- Provide supervision to the Stamping team leaders and team members in overall strategies based on company policy management and priorities
- Share information, communicate goals, and coach team members to achieve objectives
- Support Takt Change planning, line rebalancing, introduction of new models, production trials, and training activity through coordination of Kaizens
- Create and manage team member and team leader development plans
- Develop standardize work instructions
- Coordinate activities with the Stamping & Body Weld team to improve quality as necessary
- Lead activities to eliminate production bottle necks and/or chronic downtime
- Identify waste in the Stamping process and implement activities to improve overall efficiency
- Be available to work any shift and shutdowns as needed
- Ability to work outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
This is what you’ll need:
- 5+ year experience in a manufacturing production environment (Tool Room experience preferred)
- Extensive plant level experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Understanding of the different stamping and/or welding processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of metal fabrication and machining skills and techniques
- Strong ability to problem solve with high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment with a positive attitude
- 5+ years of high-volume manufacturing body shop experience.
- 3+ years in manufacturing stamping supervision.
- A combination of education and experience.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Stamping
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.