Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop trusted relationships with business teams at Rivian responsible for global sales and marketing of vehicles, retail sales, and other services to analyze the impact of legal, compliance, counter-party and other risks in contractual agreements, terms and conditions, disclosures, process flows, and the customer experience journey.
- Provide support for global customer service, sales, marketing, omnichannel retail, fraud prevention and mitigation, financial services, insurance, and payment transactions.
- Support Rivian’s interactions with consumers outside the United States, including developing and implementing consumer agreements and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements specific to international locations relevant to Rivian business activities.
- Work with internal clients in software design and engineering to ensure Rivian's software and third-party partnerships comply with relevant legal requirements related to interactions with Rivian's customers.
- Manage and support proactive development of legal and regulatory resources to support Rivian's growing global commercial footprint, including development of training materials, knowledge repositories, policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on a range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution, and other matters as they arise.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A minimum of 3 to 6 years of legal experience with an emphasis supporting multinational consumer transactions, automotive sales and service, or analogous areas.
- Experience advising clients on adjusting business practices to meet consumer regulatory requirements in Non-U.S. jurisdictions a plus.
- In house experience strongly preferred.
- Canadian French language fluency preferred.
- Experience with one or more of vehicle sales, customer service call center operations, or physical retail, strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and flexibility to learn and adapt to serve the growing needs of the business.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
- Ability to focus on client needs and team success.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Legal & I.P.
Locations: Vancouver, B.C
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.