Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian Delivery & Field Operations is seeking a Program Manager, Vehicle Operations to support the execution of business-critical projects that allow the organization to better move, store, and prepare vehicles for everything from customer deliveries to fleet allocation. The Delivery & Field Operations team’s overarching goal is to prepare and implement central business functions to deliver the Rivian electric adventure wherever our customers live and play.
As the Program Manager, Vehicle Operations you will work closely with our field team members on project backlog management, process creation and improvement. You will coordinate with our external partners to ensure the team has the tools they need to successfully manage team workflows. Success in this role requires you to have a passion for creating process efficiencies by using Lean methodologies. You will also need to be comfortable working with ever changing circumstances at a very fast pace.
- Create, adjust and improve on current processes to meet new business needs and ensure our internal teams are able to meet long term goals and day to day key performance indicators
- Use Lean methodologies to identify, plan, and implement special projects aimed to drive continuous improvement across the organization and increase operational output
- Create and keep a Project Archive that memorializes and packages project charters, models, deliverables, etc in an organized way that we can always reference in the future.
- Scope and scale project/program management tools (such as Smartsheets, Confluence, SharePoint) and best practices to meet the unique needs of specific projects and programs.
- Work closely with internal team members to identify problems, support problem solving events, test out solutions, and ensure compliance in processes across all areas of our vehicle management business
- Coordinate with teams like product, planning, logistics, policy to drive initiatives forward to completion
- Manage communications and opportunities for feedback across a complex organization: messaging to broad stakeholder audiences, leadership, and core project teams.
- Anticipate organizational needs and pursue proactive solutions
- Travel to operational markets to ensure successful project adoptions
- Ability to work in an ambiguous, fast paced and iterative environment
- Experience implementing projects using procedures such as: PDCA, DMAIC, Kaizen
- Analytical mindset– able to use data to determine best path forward.
- Operator at heart – a passion for the “go see” in the field
- 5+ years of experience in operations & project management
- Proven track record of executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Passion for operations and process improvement principles
- An innovative, customer-centric mindset and approach
- Ability to travel up to 50%
Where you'll work:
Department: Delivery and Field Operations
Location: Palo Alto or Irvine, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.