Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Information Technology org at Rivian is seeking a Senior, Data DevOps Engineer to join the Data Engineering team.
You will work with other engineers and technical resources from cross-functional teams to build a fully automated Data and Machine Learning infrastructure and set the diverse components of a scalable data platform that will serve business stake holders across Rivian
- Manage the SCM repositories, CICD and trunk based releases for the data services teams
- Create and maintain secure cross account continuous delivery pipelines
- Set up metrics, logging and monitoring systems that enable the development teams to create observability and quality dashboards
- Bring-up and manage AWS resources using Infra-as-code techniques (S3, Kafka, API Gateways, Redshift, Athena, Tableau etc.)
- Manage identity, access control and data security both in transit and at rest
- Set-up and manage the Kubernetes clusters for CICD, container service deployments and EMR on EKS
- Set-up new tools and SaaS vendors to enable rapid evaluation and PoCs of new technology alternatives and vendor offerings
- Set-up security pipelines to handle SAST, DAST, dependency scans and manage vulnerability mitigation
- Overall 5 years of software development experience including 3+ years of dedicated DevOps experience building Infrastructure as code (IaaC) using CloudFormation, Terraform
- Experience with SCM tools like Gitlab, Github, BitBucket is required
- Experience with AWS Data
- Experience setting up CICD pipelines with Gitlabs, Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems/stacks like ELK, Splunk, Prometheus , DataDog
- Experience with multi-tier architectures: API Gateways, load balancers, networking fundamentals
- Experience with entire DevOps lifecycle - Orchestration, Configuration, CICD, Monitoring , Security
- Strong scripting skills (Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, bash) on Linux environments
- Experience with the Kubernetes container orchestration
- Certified on at least one: AWS DevOps Engineering, AWS Certified Developer - Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate , Kubernetes K8 certification
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.