Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support software integration and testing of vehicle software in the domains of thermal management, energy and power management, charging, and/or vehicle networking, etc.
- Plan and coordinate integration, calibration, and test activities.
- Ensure the SW has been implemented correctly per interface specifications and protocols using software-in-loop testing, and hardware-in-loop testing.
- Lead failure and root cause analysis for test and integration issues.
- Use your experience and expertise to troubleshoot, diagnose, document and repair problems that may arise with the test vehicle.
- Design and build test tools as needed for the vehicle.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Strong understanding of embedded firmware development in C/C++/Python or Matlab is preferred.
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools or ability to learn quickly
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (DoIP, CAN, CANFD, FlexRAY, LIN, etc)
- Experienced in firmware integration, vehicle level testing and debugging is plus.
- Strong firsts principle approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and deliver technical projects
- Experience delivering customer-facing software and hardware.
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Department: Energy Management Systems
- Location: Irvine, California and Palo Alto, California
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.