Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for:
• Maintain a high-quality relationship with the manufacturing team they are supporting
• Support manufacturing Built in Quality initiative by providing a last line of defense inspection of the product for their area
• Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
• Identify and contain suspect defective material
• Have the potential to utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and identify defects
• Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced.
• Initiate and participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
• Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
• Potential business travel to support product /process development at company and supplier locations.
• May perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Manufacturing/assembly/quality process and/or automotive repair and/or mechanical experience (+2 years preferred)
• High school education or equivalent
· General office software usage capability (email, excel, word, etc.)
• High volume of manufacturing experience
• Problem solving experience
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.