Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
What you will do:
- Lead the detect and response activities of Rivian Product Cybersecurity
- Research, improve, and refine detection capabilities to support incident response within Product Cybersecurity
- Testing and implementing new security technologies, including detect/response capabilities on vehicle
- Develop tools and mechanisms to automate and improve the effectiveness of incident response functions and security investigations
- Develop IR playbooks, leverage the Mitre ATT&CK framework, and carry out tabletop exercises with Rivian stakeholders to prepare them for Incident Response.
- Conduct security incident investigations, author incident reports, participate in or lead post-mortem analyses
- Build relationships throughout Rivian, including the Enterprise Security IR team and Ops teams
- Manage and coordinate active incident response and ensure processes compliance
- Communicate status of ongoing incidents with all stakeholders including executive management
- Perform post incident reviews and ensure all findings are documented and remediations are appropriately actioned.
- Develop reporting with focused messages to enable stakeholders to understand their risks and responsibilities.
What you will need:
- 5+ years of cyber security experience
- Experience as an incident responder for cybersecurity incidents, performing security incident investigations
- Experience with complex detect systems to cover on premise and cloud deployments
- Experienced in running detect capabilities within AWS
- Advanced experience in threat detection and Incident Response Procedures
- Experience with investigative technologies such as Log Analysis, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Network & Host Forensics, EDR, etc
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to handle off hours and weekend work as necessary
- Experience with Automotive industry a plus
Where they will work:
Palo Alto, CA or Remote with Travel
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.