Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Responsible for engineering and implementing the Plan for Every Part including all container and packaging specifications, storage and staging layouts, processing areas and replenishment processes.
- Engineers all end-to-end Material Flows from supplier receipt to lineside delivery in order to efficiently meet production requirements
- Designs optimized layouts for material storage and processing for multiple warehouse site and all manufacturing areas
- Conducts time studies to determine headcount and equipment requirements in order to define department budget forecasts
- Manages all container, dolly, and packaging requirements and organizes reviews and buyoffs of prototype units during pilot builds
- Maintains the Production Control Plan for Every Part database, including standard packaging data and all material flow attributes. Communicates any changes to all effected parties
- Leads Continuous Improvement projects to improve efficiency of material handling processes and drive cost reductions
- Develops and coordinates the acquisition of external in-sequence racks
- Interfaces with plant facility or service provider to schedule and coordinate equipment preventative maintenance
- Resolves part quality issues related to packaging
- Liaisons with platform containerization and logistics
- Is responsible for the Visual management database (sets buffer calculations, sets up new parts plans, sets plant defaults, overrides parts and times that do not fit the system as required, reloads or updates modules (pull card, loop size, EPS, and so on), runs reports as required
- Creates, monitors, modifies, or deletes broadcast codes for manifest changes per production build and Engineering Work Orders (change broadcast based on break point of EWO)
- Interfaces with Electronic Data Systems and/or Plant IT group on all Broadcast System MES concerns
- Coordinates and maintains printer and equipment needs with maintenance and IT
- Maintains broadcast statements for build documents in the Material Requirements Planning (MRP) and manufacturing execution systems
- Supports the production organization
- Follows the standardized work process
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related area of study and 3 years of previous experience or the equivalent required
- Experience using engineering design software such as AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP preferred
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems “MES” preferred
- High level of proficiency in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs
- Leadership skills preferred
- Ability to set tasks and responsibilities
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Department: Production Control
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.