Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Digital Technology Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle. That’s all of our owner and internal-facing applications across web, mobile, and in-store experiences. To that end, we are developing a world-class technology platform that will make learning about, purchasing, and enjoying our electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless, and fun.
As a Staff (Lead) Full Stack Engineer, we want you to join our diverse, talented, and collaborative group, building large-scale client-side and mobile applications using modern micro-frontends and micro-services. You will contribute to the creation of reusable frameworks and tooling, pushing for modularity and continuous integration and delivery. You will partner with other engineers, designers, and product managers to build these friendly and memorable experiences for our internal and external owners. From the moment the owner takes the keys, our Vehicle Service Operations team is ready to support our personal and fleet vehicle owners. Our team provides the tools and systems to allow them to help our owners through their vehicle service needs. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high-performing and motivated team to help grow our digital technology platform.
What you will do:
- Create client-side and mobile applications along the vehicle service owner journey and their backing systems.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and product designers to build user-friendly, immersive, reactive applications.
- Collaborate with data systems engineers to help define the endpoint integration needs of your team.
- Come together with your peers to share ideas, ask why with an open and curious mind, learn from each other’s diverse perspectives, and deliver great work as a team.
- Develop, unit test, and document performant code, ensuring efficient browser memory usage and fast load time.
- Define the architectural vision of the team.
- Mentor other engineers, helping them learn and improve their technical skills.
- Partner with other Staff level engineers in our group to define our standards and processes.
What you bring:
- 10+ years of software engineering industry experience, with 5+ years of building large-scale enterprise-grade systems.
- Expert at designing, building, and maintaining robust, large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of transactions/second.
- Proficiency in building GraphQL APIs with Apollo.
- Proficiency with AWS Lambdas or other serverless compute services.
- Experience with Native iOS and Android app development.
- Experience with Amazon Connect.
- Experience defining and implementing integration and end-to-end testing strategies and frameworks (Postman/Newman and Cypress).
- Great understanding of Web Accessibility, and Internationalization.
- Great understanding of caching, security, and privacy considerations.
- Good understanding of CI/CD pipelines (GitLab).
- Familiarity with cross-browser and cross-platform (mobile) debugging to pinpoint those inevitable compatibility issues.
- Clear and compelling communication of your thoughts and ideas.
- Experience with Agile and SCRUM in the software development life cycle.
Where you’ll work, when the world can safely reopen:
Department: Services Platform group with Digital Technology
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.