Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Support the Rivian Advanced Product Quality for Body/Exterior Design. Provide Quality insight from Voice of the Customer. Work with department and cross-functional leadership to help scale globally.
• Oversee all aspects of Advanced Product Quality for Body/Exterior Design related parts
• Provide timely category-specific Quality insight from Voice Of Customer (VOC) and internal resources to Design teams to deliver world-class adventurer satisfaction
• Predicting, Preventing, and Protecting quality issues by driving risk mitigation solutions to closure and leading cross functional teams
• Resolve failures and capture our learning through DFMEA, PFMEA and other tools
• Ensure high capability of Plastic Part & Assy design through application of statistical analysis of attribute and variable data
• Determine, track and deliver key performance indicators (KPIs) to achieve quality targets
• Create and execute resolution plans for key quality issues and key system KPI’s
• Lead the quality function for product design, development, validation, and continuous improvement for Body Exterior category
• Propose and work strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels to deliver exceptional quality
• Coach and lead early in career engineers through demonstrated technical leadership
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Master’s preferred
• Curiosity for how things work, inclination and determination to improve them
• Design and Manufacturing knowledge of plastic parts
• Logical and thoughtful approach to solving problems
• Working knowledge of APQP toolset
• Strong statistical and problem-solving capability
• 6-8 years of experience in Quality or New Product or Process Development
• Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations
• Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
• Proven technical knowledge and ability to collaborate with Engineering, Manufacturing and suppliers
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.