Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Plan and guide tasks to design, test and validate vehicle control algorithms for automated driving features for production vehicles
- Coordinate development of mathematic models, simulations and state estimation algorithms for vehicle controls
- Organize development of high-level logic for interacting with path planning, perception and actuation
- Orchestrate team activities pertaining to the design and implementation of unit and system tests for both new and existing control algorithms, test software both in the vehicle and in simulation
- Work closely with the system and safety engineering teams to formulate design verification plans and procedures according to the established requirements and maturity according to the vehicle program milestones
- B.S in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field (M.S. or Ph.D. preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years experience in industry with at least 3 years leading a small team of at least 5 individuals
- Strong background in classical control and modern control theories
- Experience in linear and non-linear controller design, such as PID, LQR, Model Predictive Control, and stochastic optimization techniques
- Good understanding of digital signal processing, digital filter design and state estimation
- Solid knowledge and experience in Matlab/Simulink, Stateflow
- Experience with appropriate verification and validation efforts at different test levels (SIL/HIL/Vehicle)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Good team player with great communication skills
- Passionately motivated to take ideas from development to a validated product
- Self-motivated and strong interpersonal skills: Demonstrated ability to plan tasks and guide the team towards end deliverables
- Experience with dSpace
- Coding with C/C++
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.