Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you will do:
As an engineer focusing on wireless and connectivity integration for the Connectivity Software team at Rivian, you will work alongside software developers, system integrators, and system engineers to support features such as WiFi, cellular, Ethernet and GPS domains along with telemetry, mobile app integration, and vehicle access.
The connectivity integration engineer will champion the validation of connectivity feature development and will ensure that connectivity functionality contributes to vehicle-level feature delivery. The connectivity integration engineer may also support other vehicle development activities which require connectivity support. These development activities may include drives in preproduction vehicles and will provide exposure to vehicle networks, cloud connectivity, and fleet management. An out-of-the-box approach and application of these insights will greatly enhance the development teams and will help deliver Rivian’s focus on keeping the world adventurous forever.
Core capabilities and behaviors should include:
- Analysis of telemetry data and creation and use of tools to extract actionable metrics
- The ability to correlate meaningful feedback from disparate data sets
- Keen observation skills of wireless (WiFi, LTE, GPS, Bluetooth) behavior and performance
- Ability to accurately isolate issues in hardware, harnesses, and software (application-layer, BSP, drivers)
- Engage in discussions to test, bug fix, and optimize feature development based on data
- Provide insights and opportunities for performance and stability improvement
- Deliver unique solutions and provide ‘external user’ influence and feedback
This is what you will need:
- A degree in either Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, or Information Systems; preference is given to MS and PhD degrees
- A thorough understanding of the OSI model, network protocols, and expertise with test tools such as Wireshark and nmap
- Proficient with scripting languages including Python and/or Shell
- Proficient with database manipulation and data presentation
- A mindset geared towards collaboration and forward progress
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critical thinking to deliver exceptional results
- Availability to travel and support activities during off-peak hours as-needed
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Connectivity Software
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.