Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Responsible for ensuring body structure service parts for Rivian vehicles are accurately defined in PLM systems and evaluating Service impact of new updated part designs as they are introduced. This role will require high levels of initiative, independent judgement and cross-team collaboration. Must be able to complete projects in a compressed timeline.
- Partner with Service NPI to determine feasibility of parts initially identified by Service Engineering team
- Work with part suppliers to communicate technical requirements and address questions
- Create BOMs, CADs, and drawings of body service parts within PLM systems for Rivian vehicles
- Ensure all required PLM part information attributes are accurate and up to date
- Partner with Service Parts Engineering to perform change management activities (evaluate service impact, interchangeability, and disposition) as production designs are updated
- Monitor existing PLM processes for opportunities to make them more scalable, sustainable, efficient
- Collaborate with Purchasing to ensure Production Suppliers provide the appropriate amount of service parts based on service part release strategy
- Identify, define, promote emerging service part issues to appropriate channels and into a closed loop system for problem resolution
- Coordinate the return of key parts replaced in the field so the failure mode can be root caused and a fix implemented in production
- Support Dealer Field Action bulletins related to body service parts (safety, compliance, customer satisfaction, service updates)
- Provide input and expertise into the development of new vehicle designs to promote repairability
- Drive Prediction, Prevention, and Protection culture in everything we do
- 5+ years experience in part development and change management within a PLM system
- Experience with development of both aluminum and steel vehicle structures and associated joining methods (e.g. welding, rivets, adhesives) a plus
- Knowledge of engineering software and systems as it pertains to job-related area.
- Demonstrated leadership in driving service requirements in a cross-team collaborative environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects across varying geographic locations simultaneously
- Willingness to work in a strong cross functional environment
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- High level analytical ability where problems are unusual and complex.
- Equivalent work experience or BS in Engineering, Automotive Technology required
- Experience with Catia CAD a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.