Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Cyber Security engineer (Operational Technologies) is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian that’s focused on working on implementing Cybersecurity controls and processes at the manufacturing plant in Normal, IL.
- Implement, document, and operationalize technologies supporting Rivian’s core mission and following Rivian’s existing Cybersecurity roadmap focused on manufacturing cybersecurity.
- Lead the Implementation efforts in a wide range of cyber security projects.
- Research the market & pilot new technologies in potential areas for improvement areas
- Build relationships and operationalize systems and processes
- 5+ years of cyber security experience.
- Preferable in Cybersecurity engineering
- Preferable operational technologies experience – but not a must
- Implementing security systems and operationalizing them (documenting requirements, working with vendors, setting up & configuring, creating knowledge articles, preforming handover to relevant operations team) .
- Expertise with the following technologies and capabilities:
- Microsoft security tool stack
- End-point-detection-response (tech such as: Cylance, CrowdStrike, Carbon black, SentinelOne)
- Vulnerability management tools and process
- Security information and event management (SIEM)
- Data loss prevention (DLP)
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS)
- Web Gateway
- Cloud access security broker (CASB)
- Network & user anomaly detection
- Preforming system hardening
- Supporting threat hunting missions
- Good understanding of the cyber security ecosystems from a technology perspective (agility of working with startups to generate additional value, and ensure established technologies are used as well)
- Experience working at an AWS centric environment is preferred.
- Continuously assess and improve the organization’s cyber security controls
- Advise project teams on security requirements for new projects
- Guide the organization in establishing policies, standards, and procedures which foster security built-in
- Be constantly attuned to the rapidly changing threat landscape and lead efforts to adapt the organization’s controls.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Successfully implemented and delivered projects involving a variety of cybersecurity functions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
Normal, IL. (The role will need to be preformed on site. This is not a remote opportunity)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.