Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- You will drive and define requirements to develop a new restraints control module with supplier collaboration.
- Working cross-functionally with safety team you will be in charge of laying out the safety system for next generation of vehicles. This includes, but not limited supporting crash activities at the crash facility up to one week a month during builds, holding meetings and design reviews to ensure all aspects of the safety system are accounted for in the design and validating alongside involved team members.
- Develop and define requirements of the safety system that will be manufactured through supplier collaboration. This will include laying out clear specifications, interviewing supplier candidates and defining the necessary system level tests needed to validate the design.
- Additional activities may include supporting development of engineers in the area of safety systems, Investigation and debugging as part of issue resolution as well as maintaining EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets.
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree
- 7+ years of experience developing airbag and restraint control systems
- Knowledge of validation requirements related to safety systems.
- Knowledge of vehicle crash and safety standards including regulatory and certification requirements.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes.
- Experience self-managing issues to closure involving all necessary teams.
- Experience with writing component specifications
- Ability to understand electrical topology and circuit diagrams.
- Be able to work independently, under your own initiative.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.