Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Be responsible for all accounting aspects of the Company’s equity plans, focusing on reconciliations, accuracy and timeliness, and report to the Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
- Work directly with:
- The Corporate Accounting team on journal entries and reconciliations
- The Financial Reporting team on quarterly and annual stock-based compensation accounting and disclosures
- The Finance team on monthly forecasts, monthly fluctuation analysis, and executive reporting
- The Internal Audit team on developing, improving, and owning internal controls processes
- The Tax team to provide necessary information for quarterly/annual provision and tax returns
- Assist in researching and drafting support for technical accounting matters surrounding stock-based compensation under US GAAP and IFRS
- Perform all monthly duties related to stock-based compensation accounting, including monthly journal entries, reconciliations, consolidations, and other close procedures
- Learn stock-based compensation administration systems to run monthly/quarterly reports and supporting schedules, as required for reconciliations and disclosures
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, share count, cap table and other items on ongoing basis between accounting and HR/ Legal records
- Develop, improve and maintain process for calculating fair value of stock-based compensation
- Prepare and maintain information and support for external auditors
- Assist in enhancing and documenting equity-related procedures, policies, and controls
- Assist in preparing required shareholder disclosures, as applicable
- Take on additional accounting responsibilities, as the role advances
- Participate in ad hoc projects, as required
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 4+ years of corporate accounting work experience or public accounting work experience
- 1-2 years of experience accounting for stock-based compensation
- Working knowledge of US GAAP applicable to stock-based compensation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including when involving cross-functional teams
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively; goal-oriented
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Adaptable to change, both big and small
- Desire to develop, implement and maintain process improvements
- Advanced Excel skills
- CPA or CMA preferred but not required
- Equity Compensation Associate (ECA) and/or Certified Equity Professional (CEP) certification a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Accounting
- Location: Plymouth, MI or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.