Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
• Maintain detailed records of all work performed.
• Install instrumentation, test equipment, and other components including thermocouples (Type J and K), strain gauges, accelerometers, and load transducers on prototype vehicles in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and/or test procedures.
• Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance and making minor repairs/adjustments as needed.
• Load and transport prototype vehicles to specified test locations as needed. (Class A CDL a plus)
• Execute and monitor vehicle and component level tests
• Assist in the development of mule test planning, high level timing plans, data analysis, control system data collection and some calibration
• Create test documentation including test instructions, and specifications
• Drive vehicles to perform testing at Proving Ground environments
• Support off-site vehicle testing such as cold/hot weather, off-road, etc.
• Perform subjective evaluations to identify system failure modes
• Support root cause analysis for failures and issues on vehicles at the proving ground
• Public road driving prototype and benchmark vehicles
• Closed course driving of prototype and benchmark vehicles
• Evaluation of vehicles upon commissioning
• Ride and drive demos of Rivian vehicles (Marketing Events, Customer Trade Shows)
- 8+ years of technician work experience in the automotive industry. Electric/hybrid vehicle experience preferred
- Strong automotive electrical understanding.
- High Voltage electrical knowledge and training preferred but not necessary.
- Minor fabrication experience.
- Strong technical and mechanical ability.
- Strong troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills.
- Familiarity with issue tracking tools a plus. (Jira, Confluence)
- Valid driver license with clean record.
- Willing to travel upwards of 25% of the time
- Ability to sit/drive for up to 8 hours consecutively
- Minimum of a high school diploma
- Experience running and maintaining a variety of vehicle level and component level tests
- Team first mentality
- Innate curiosity about all things automotive
- Ability to work autonomously
- Experience at Proving Grounds
- Experience with data loggers and data acquisition systems
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.