Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Reliability is at the core of Electric Adventure Vehicles. As a Supplier Reliability Engineer, you will play a key role in designing Rivian’s products with reliability in mind.
- Set and communicate Reliability requirements and targets and test plans for mechanical components, subsystems and assemblies.
- Facilitate Design FMEA sessions in order to drive reliable design choices and improve validation test planning.
- Specify reliability validation plans for externally supplied components and subsystems.
- Influence supplier selection for higher reliability and provide clear guidance on reliability requirements and demonstration to suppliers.
- Develop Ongoing Reliability Testing, Burn-in Testing and Hass Testing strategies for supplied components.
This is what you’ll need:
Minimum requirement is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. Preferably 3-5 years of industry experience in a reliability engineering role. Level of Role depends on experience and qualifications. In addition, a strong technical background and interest in reliability and experience in the following areas:
- Facilitating DFMEAs and leading cross functional teams.
- Mechanical components manufacturing processes.
- Deploying reliability testing guidelines.
- Working with suppliers.
- Reliability statistics, ie. MTBF, Weibull
- A desire to contribute to a respectful, fun, inclusive and inspiring team culture.
Knowledge of methods to design-in and sustain reliability for one of the following:
- Chassis components and assemblies
- Experience deploying Ongoing Reliability Testing and Burn-In or Hass Testing Strategies
- Knowledge of governing equations for reliability statistics
- Experience with PPAP process
- Experience in the automotive or consumer electronics industries
Day IN LIfe:
- Lead root cause investigation with cross functional team into a reliability test failure
- Report status of key projects to management
- Review supplier validation test plan and provide feedback on sample sizes, duration, test
- Facilitate DFMEA sessions for assigned parts
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.