Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Collaborate with cross functional teams such as UX, UI, System Architecture, etc. to agree on audio feature designs and requirements.
Create, and review audio software module designs to realize desired functions.
Implement audio software aligned with the overall system design and software development process standards.
Create unit tests and debug issues arising from testing and validation activities.
Measure, analyze, and optimize audio software to key performance indicators for acoustics and resource usage.
Investigate and root cause audio issues reported from vehicle testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience with developing audio system software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation.
- Proficiency with modern C and C++. Also proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds.
- Knowledge of audio signal processing for hands-free telephony, voice assistance, and media playback.
- Experience with development of efficient audio processing on multi-core systems involving both CPUs and DSPs.
- Experience with the Android Audio system is strongly desired.
- Experience with the A2B audio bus is desired.
- Experience with Bluetooth Audio profiles (HFP, A2DP) is desired.
- Experience with embedded system development and low-level interfaces related to audio functions such as I2C, I2S, TDM, PCM, SPI.
- Experience working with diverse engineering teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.