Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (Palo Alto); Seattle, Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Demand Planning team creates models and simulations to make operational and commercial decisions. We are building out a simulation platform to enable us to take a data-driven approach to solving complex problems at scale. The areas we currently focus on are Demand Execution, Forecasting, Decision Support and Optimization.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join this team. You will spend most of your time writing python code to develop the Demand Planning model and its simulation framework. We are early in the Demand Planning journey, so you will have the opportunity to influence the team’s technical direction. This is a high-impact role that means your output will affect business decisions at Rivian.
What you'll do:
- Develop the Demand Planning model in Python, adding new features in response to business needs (numpy, pandas, sklearn, pymc3, simpy etc.)
- Build, train and evaluate proof-of-concept models in Python and present the results
- Contribute to the model’s CI pipeline including the automated test suite (Gitlab, SageMaker)
- Build data pipelines for the model to interact with Rivian’s Data Lake
- Use your insights to help define, architect and build Rivian’s Demand Planning simulation framework
- Communicate your findings with our product managers, partners and senior management
- If needed, spend time learning and using Alteryx Designer to support existing modeling efforts
What you'll need:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building software systems in an enterprise setting
- Software development experience in Python, Java or C/C++
- Comfortable navigating trade-offs to bring the right programming language, data structures and algorithms to the problem
- Experience with AWS (SageMaker, S3 in particular)
- Dedicated to writing software with the care it deserves, with a structured approach that includes automated testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment rolling out new features on a regular basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, Master’s a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.