Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Security Operations Center (SOC) Supervisor is a key leadership role within the Rivian Factory Security team. The SOC Supervisor will be responsible for leading the SOC team through strategic, technical, and operational challenges, bringing together a diverse group of SOC Operators and other various security stakeholders. The SOC Supervisor will use their leadership and knowledge of people, operations, systems, crisis/incident management, and business to help build a plan of action for the hub of security. The SOC Supervisor will drive technical and procedural solutions for the SOC that are thoughtful, innovative, and contribute to the safety and security of Rivian’s flagship factory.
- Assist with the creation and development of programs and processes that scale and balance near-term goals and long-term strategy
- Provide operational oversight, training, and quality assurance for a 24/7 SOC consisting of a diverse team responsible for local monitoring and dispatch, call taking, data entry and various technical projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure technical solutions, workflows, and processes for the SOC are thoughtful and innovative
- Manage and address situations of a stressful or sensitive nature, while maintaining Rivian’s confidentiality and information security practices
- Monitor and operate various technical security systems including access control, video management, life-safety, phone, radio, dispatch, and mass-notification systems to detect and facilitate the response to potential security/safety issues
- Provide appropriate escalation and prepare clear and concise communications to the Global SOC, security management and other stakeholders during major incidents
- Ensure staffing levels meet operational needs and operators are trained appropriately for their roles
- Promote a culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce
- Partner with the Global SOC to support all aspects related to company projects, programs, services, and system related goals.
- This position reports directly to the Manager, Normal Security Operations Center
- Integrity and professionalism
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of security, law enforcement, emergency services dispatch, military, or other relevant experience
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), watch center, or similar command center environment
- A positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 40 words per minute while entering data or information relayed over the phone, radio, or other audio and electronic data input into a computer system
- Experience directly managing people or leading a team.
- Basic experience configuring/administrating technical security systems such as access control, dispatch, surveillance, and other data capturing systems
- Power user proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Office 365)
- Basic project management experience
- Experience in crisis and incident response, focusing on the ability to maintain a calm and efficient response in high-pressure settings
- Ability to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.