Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Lead Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator will be responsible for staffing and assisting with operational oversight of the Normal SOC, a 24/7 operation center, which provides dispatch and security support to Rivian’s Normal campus and other stakeholders. As the primary point of contact for security issues and incidents that occur at the Normal campus, the Lead SOC Operator plays a key role in both operational security and facility safety. Using various technical security systems and monitoring software, the Lead SOC Operator is responsible for the detection, triage, and dispatching of routine and critical security incidents. The Lead SOC Operator will also assist the SOC Supervisor and provide operational oversight of their assigned shift.
- Assist with operational supervision, training, and quality assurance of a 24/7 SOC consisting of a diverse team responsible for security monitoring and dispatch, call taking, data entry and various technical projects
- Promote a culture that improves employee satisfaction and retains a skilled and motivated workforce
- Answer security-related inquires and intake reports of security/safety issues in a calm, reassuring, and professional manner
- Monitor and operate various technical security systems including access control, video management, life-safety, phone, radio, dispatch, and mass-notification systems to detect and facilitate the response to potential security/safety issues
- Provide appropriate escalation and prepare clear and concise communications to the Global SOC, security management and other stakeholders during major incidents
- Document incident details and track security resources in a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Coordinate emergency response for medical calls, fires, and other priority incidents
- Maintain familiarity with SOC procedures, layouts of covered facilities, security programs and associated policies.
- Partner with various facility stakeholders to resolve security incidents and improve the security posture of the site
- Integrity and professionalism
- Associates Degree
- 3+ years of security, law enforcement, emergency services dispatch, military, or other relevant experience
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center, Global Security Operations Center (GSOC), Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), watch center, or similar command center environment
- Ability to accurately type a minimum of 40 words per minute while entering data or information relayed over the phone, radio, or other audio and electronic data input into a computer system
- A high degree of organization, prioritization, and awareness with the ability to multitask efficiently
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- A positive attitude with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Comfortable communicating to a large group using radio and mass-notification systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Ability to problem solve in stressful or unfamiliar situations
- Competent in security related access control software
- Able to interact with staff of all levels, in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.