Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead a group of systems and functional safety engineers to develop industry best on-board power electronics products from concept to production phase
- Units may include propulsion inverters, on-board chargers, DCDC converters, and auxiliary DCAC inverters
- Manage release of systems deliverables such as requirements, DFMEAs and functional safety work products
- Manage development of requirements for key components such as power modules, bulk capacitors, magnetics, etc.
- Provide direction and support to team members
- Resolve systems (hardware/software) related failures and come up with short- and long-term corrective plans
- Work with electrical and mechanical engineering teams to capture relevant requirements and ensure these are satisfied with the hardware designs
- Coordinate with test and validation team to ensure all requirements are fully addressed and identified issues resolved
- Interact with and facilitate cross-functional discussions with multiple teams: Quality, Reliability, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- Work with Quality Engineering teams to ensure supplier and Rivian owned PFMEAs are consistent with product DFMEAs.
- Drive close communication and collaboration with software/controls teams
- Participate in roadmap planning for future products
- Report out systems engineering deliverable status on a regular basis
This is what you’ll need:
- M.S. in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Minimum 10 years product development experience, specializing in power electronics
- Have minimum 3 years of engineering group management experience
- Experience with EV propulsion inverter, on-board chargers, DCDC converters, DCAC inverters or similar industrial products (automotive experience preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing requirements and using requirement management tools
- Strong understanding of the country-specific regulatory requirements applicable to EV on-board power electronic components
- Strong understanding of industry guidelines for high voltage automotive power electronics (e.g. ISO, IEC)
- In-depth knowledge of DFMEA process and experience leading DFMEAs
- Experience applying functional safety processes and standards to safety critical automotive systems (ISO 26262).
- Experience leading root cause analysis activities and with techniques such as fault tree analysis and fishbone diagrams.
- Experience and understanding of hardware and software validation testing at various levels (SIL, HIL, Inverter, Drive Unit and Vehicle).
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Proactive attitude toward problems and challenges
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.