Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
You will contribute to building a new advanced driver assist system products to support in-cabin monitoring as well as other application development for autonomous systems.
- Design, develop and deploy embedded software for application and platform systems for Rivian Automotive Self-Driving products
- Provide solutions and software deliverables to support stack development for autonomous software
- Develop multi-threaded systems as well as embedded platform development on Real-Time OS
- Provide updates on application development progress, risks, and completion through regular development sprints.
- Ensure software releases adhere to Rivian development standards and release processes, meeting software quality and performance requirements.
- Interface with regulatory and homologation organization within Rivian to ensure product launches in various markets are successful.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of product development experience in technology (software or hardware).
- Strong C/C++ programming skills.
- Experience with real-time operating systems such as QNX, SafeRTOS, etc.
- Application level development and algorithm optimization on embedded systems.
- Multi-threaded and multi-core programming experience.
- Skills necessary for exemplary customer-facing communication and a track record of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of automotive functional safety (ISO 26262).
- High level understanding of computer vision, machine learning, and ai trends in the industry.
- Experience with modern C++11 or later development.
- Successfully led the launch of a software technology product for safety critical system.
- Mastery of Atlassian products.
- Experience in working through periods of rapid organization growth and scale.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.