Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Lead commercial sourcing, development, and industrialization of Rivian Battery Cell manufacturing supply chain and internal build capabilities through smart, effective capex strategy and execution.
Managing industrial automation/equipment supplier development and strategic relationships:
- Identify suppliers, assess capabilities, and create sourcing plans with Rivian stakeholders.
- Build and maintain unique understanding of supply base, market conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Lead strategic sourcing events (RFI/ RFQ/ RFP), supplier interfacing, as well as dispute resolutions.
- Steer contractual negotiations with suppliers executing Purchase Agreements and Statement of Works.
Support in timely and CapEx efficient design, execution, and life cycle sustaining of new factories and equipment projects with manufacturing engineering partners and key cross-functional teams:
- Drive cost and commercial value negotiations with detailed data-based analysis.
- Manage supplier and tiered supplier performance through key performance metrics.
- Monitor capex spend forecast (totals and timing) and risk with Rivian Finance team.
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support program requirements, execute against build milestones and track progress.
Communicate directly with senior leadership team on key strategic supplier and technological decisions:
- Create should-cost models to build program budgets with cross-functional teams.
- Drive commercial and business decisions with leadership.
- Expand and support planning of Rivian’s global CapEx supplier footprint.
- 8+ years of battery cell experience (manufacturing, operations, or supply chain).
- Bachelor’s and/or Advanced degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, or Business.
- Managed commercial relationships in an Automotive, Electronics or high-volume manufacturing business.
- Experience working and managing projects globally, and flexibility to travel.
- Strong understanding of the technology and supplier landscape in Battery and/or EV manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, high level of integrity and emotional IQ.
- Analytical skills, technical literacy, and attention to detail required to solve complex cross-functional issues.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in multiple languages a bonus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.