Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work closely with our Director of Industrial Design and Charging + Energy Solutions teams to bring products to life that build Rivian’s charging infrastructure and move us closer to a carbon-free future. This will include:
o Taking products from concept through to production in close collaboration with engineering teams + suppliers
o Developing designs that push our visual and interactive themes into new territories
- The Rivian customer is at the core of everything we do. You will need to understand their values, motivations and aspirations and use these as a compass for product development.
- Keep a strong focus on prototyping – every product we develop should go beyond what exists today. Prototyping early and often will promote learning, conversation, iteration and refinement of ideas.
- Mentor and grow your direct reports – give them clear objectives, deadlines and goals. Coach them on process and relationships.
- Work closely with our Charging + Energy Solutions team to plan and resource projects.
- Generate unique product concepts + IP for Rivian.
- Geek out on all things design — from fashion, architecture, music, photography, travel, outdoor goods and more.
- Always be looking for ways to add value to our team beyond your job description.
- Look outside the automotive industry for inspiration.
- Exhibit a forward thinking and collaborative approach to design
- 10+ years of experience in industrial design
- Previous experience leading + building teams
- Portfolio demonstrating your ability to create a range of impactful product designs and strategies
- High taste level + deep understanding of form language
- A seasoned understanding of how things work and are made
- Strong knowledge of design process + time/project management
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation + communication skills
- Excellent ability to communicate with cross-functional teams to plan, execute and problem solve during the product development process
- Proven ability to mentor and develop skills in others
- Ability to thrive in a place of rapid growth + change
- Experience using Adobe Suite and CAD surface modeling
- Passion for sustainable living is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.