Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Logistics Systems Analyst is a key function within the Program Management, Systems and Analytics team within the Logistics group at Rivian. Responsibilities will include development, maintenance and enhancements to various Logistics Systems including the Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and the Rivian Plan for Every Part (PFEP) application. In addition to being a subject matter expert on these various systems and how they interact, this role will be responsible for scoping out enhancements by working with stakeholders to determine new requirements and facilitating the communication and coordination of the changes with technical system developers.
The ideal candidate has the ability to understand and communicate complex issues and ideas to a variety of audiences, manage competing project priorities through effective communication and documentation, and work effectively with technical resources. A collaborative working style will benefit this position greatly, as well as a drive to continuously improve systems and processes to be more efficient and effective for their stakeholders.
- Develop, support, and enhance key Rivian Logistics Systems, including Transportation management System (TMS), Plan for Every Part (PFEP) and future systems
- Serve as a subject matter expert on individual systems usage and architecture, as well as on the flow of data between integrated systems
- Conduct/lead business process analysis to understand the needs of the logistics organization and translate those needs into clear systems specifications/improvements
- Coordinate end-to-end systems (SIT, UAT, Go-Live) testing to ensure changes are correct the first time
- Document and update processes and work instructions related to key systems features and functions
- Support the development of KPIs and metrics based on the supported systems
- Demonstrate aptitude to analyze pros and cons of system design alternatives and recommend optimal solutions
Project Portfolio Details
- Lead PFEP (Plan for Every Part) System integration, monitoring and enhancement initiatives
- Assist in TMS (Transportation Management System) ongoing development and maintenance
- Develop and document efficient processes for operating within key Rivian Systems
- Create wireframes and UI/UX concepts to assist in communication of systems enhancements
- Facilitate and coordinate user training and technical system testing
- Partner with logistics operations, purchasing, engineering, material planning and IT to Identify opportunities to simplify systems processes for everyday users
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in Engineering, Logistics, or Supply Chain)
- Working or practical knowledge of automotive manufacturing, supply chain and logistics
- 3-5 years’ experience leading and/or managing systems-based projects, preferably relating to logistics and/or engineering (PFEP, TMS, OTM, SAP)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and/or other project management and documentation tools
- Familiarity with systems integration principles and/or EDI/API communications are a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 20%
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.