Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian's Palo Alto team is seeking a Staff Android Mobile Application Developer to develop mobile software applications and SDKs for Rivian products. Rivian is establishing a strong foothold in the California technology scene and attracting talent aligned with Rivian's core values and motivated by our challenging vision of saving the planet by disrupting and revolutionizing the automobile industry. We are a cross functional team of all backgrounds that values diversity of culture, ideas, and talent and the most adventurous thing we have all done recently is leave our corporate roles and become part of Rivian Palo Alto.
You are an innovator and a creative problem solver with demonstrated technical abilities proven by your consistent track record of delivering flagship products to market. You have an insatiable desire to solve challenging problems and with your next career move, you are looking to make a meaningful impact. This is a unique opportunity to do just that and become part of a transportation revolution.
- Leading feature development and technical delivery on key initiatives
- Designing and developing Rivian mobile applications and associated SDK for mobile devices on Android OS
- Develop sample and demo applications making use of our technology
- Collaborating with the and product and the design team to define app features.
- Design/Improve application architecture to meet product and technology goals
- Ensuring quality and performance of application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Debugging, isolating defects, and fixing bugs before final release.
- Publishing application on Google Play Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Upgrading to Android Developer Requirements
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks
- Coaching and mentoring new team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (MS preferred)
- Proven Android app developer with 8+ years of experience
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Java, and C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Excellent coding and proofreading skills.
- Top-notch teamwork and communication skills.
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Android back-end services.
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines.
- Familiarity with the best in class Software development practices.
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others.
- Familiarity with push notifications, APIs and cloud messaging.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.