Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As the Digital Asset Management Specialist at Rivian you will lead the charge during the rollout of Rivian’s new Digital Asset Management software – establishing the DAM and evolving our media storage capabilities alongside a rapidly growing team and content library. You will help implement our new processes and educate current employees as they transition over to our new system. From here you will work with team members to build out a workflow that will ensure a robust, efficient, & highly secure means of archiving our brand assets – including but not limited to video, photography, & design files. In addition to overseeing the vault, through metadata tagging and strict file organization you’ll create an invaluable resource for the Rivian brand team to utilize as we scale upward.
This is what you'll do:
- Define and develop asset management processes, continually define improvements, craft a vision for the future of asset management.
- Evaluate partner needs against the current technology stack to make a recommendation for scaling, augmenting, migrating or replacing our current DAM environment(s).
- Work closely with internal partners to define metadata requirements, and maintain the completeness and accuracy of image/video metadata needed for efficient retrieval.
- Develop clear and repeatable systems for ongoing asset management, knowledge management, and archiving content.
- Own the expansion of our digital asset management library and implement processes to maintain the integrity of our asset library including taxonomy, metadata, file naming, keywords, data analysis, graphic standards, and future integrations with other business systems.
- Own the evolution of the digital asset management capabilities by standardizing processes to streamline operations, optimizing user workflows, and governance.
- Establish standard methodologies for onboarding and offboarding internal and external users of system and provide training and support for users; run Image Search requests and emails.
- Partner with creatives, producers, project and marketing managers to ensure asset management requirements are in place before campaign development begins.
- Receive and catalog all photography and video footage from external shoots and communicating asset availability to appropriate teams and establish and handle file naming procedures.
- Set file retention policies based on stakeholder workflows.
- Stay on top of industry trends and new technologies.
This is what you'll need:
- Minimum of 6 years of digital asset management experience ideally within the context of marketing or creative operations workflow
- ability to manage large amounts of information and keep things up to date across many projects
- Proven experience with taxonomy creation, metadata and cataloging, converting, migrating, and bulk uploading of digital assets, implementation and maintenance of digital rights management strategy for assets in DAM.
- Working with team members across the Brand and Creative group, you will need to understand and be familiar working with a variety of assets ranging from photography, illustration, video, and sound files used for print, digital, and experiential purposes.
- Experience leading process improvements and/or operations tool implementations (e.g. digital asset management tool)
- Experience defining the workflow within a marketing, production, or creative department or company
- Experience working with contracts, licensing, permissions and usage rights and with workflow and project management tools
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office
- a desire to help evolve processes
- the flexibility to work in different workflows
- the desire to work in a fast paced, challenging, and flexible environment
- Strong sustainability values
- Solid organizational and communication skills and proven success at meeting deadlines
- Strong communicator, collaborator and negotiator
- Solution based strategic thinker
- Cultivates strong and genuine relationships
- Ability to learn quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing timelines
- Sense of humor, grace under pressure and willingness to be experiment are necessary
- Bachelor's degree in library or computer science, digital arts, photography, or equivalent experience with asset management
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.