Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are looking for a Manager, Energy & Charging Technical Training to work with teams across our organization to develop comprehensive and engaging training programs. The individual will work with our product and service teams to develop and administer all training programs supporting internal learning and development, product and service training, and development of technical training programs including installation and servicing. This person will partner with Rivian’s Learning and Development team to leverage world class tools and resources and represent the Energy & Charging business in training development.
The Manager, Energy & Charging Technical Training position requires someone with exceptional ability to assess needs, develop and deliver appropriate training solutions, and build strong working relationships. This individual must be creative, proactive, organized, flexible, results-oriented, and have a passion for energy and charging. Must have outstanding communication, facilitation, and organizational skills while demonstrating a positive and professional demeanor.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead development of training bootcamps and curriculum of technical trainings with support from product teams
- Partner with internal stakeholders and liaise with product and service experts regarding program details
- Work with our service teams to design and execute technical trainings for installation, service, and certifications
- Coordinate project management, event coordination, and scheduling, and an ability to work on multiple projects while delivering high quality results within a fast-paced, environment
- Work across Energy & Charging product and service teams to develop and deliver introductory training modules
- Track and measure success across learning programs and deliver reports utilizing the Rivian Learning Network
- Continually find opportunities for improvement and implement those changes
- Design, prepare and order educational aids and materials for in person trainings for installation, service, and technical demonstrations
- Work across our product teams
- Most importantly, bring a passion for growing yourself and others
- Perform additional duties as assigned
THIS WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 5 years of experience in a trainer, specialist, or facilitator role is preferred
- Experience in electric vehicle or charging infrastructure industries helpful
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team
- Ability to communicate technical requirements with the support of specialists
- Must be able to work eﬀectively in a fast-paced and fast-changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive enthusiasm and engagement during webinars, video calls, and messaging systems
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in event coordination and management, and public
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, strong attention to detail, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to analyze logically and navigate ambiguity
- Be a team player and strong people skills
- Exceptional writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Camtasia, Premier Pro, Zoom, or Slack a plus
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK
Location: Palo Alto or Irvine. CA; Plymouth, MI; Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.