Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will be lead a team of engineers involved in the evaluation and characterization of
in-system performance for all HW developed for enabling various functions on Rivian vehicles like autonomy, telematics, infotainment etc.. You will work closely with the architecture, design and software teams cross-functionally to evaluate and characterize various aspects of HW performance. This is a critical role that helps characterize HW performance of current vehicles in production and provide direction to future architecture improvements.
This will involve:
- Partnering with design, architecture and software teams to create an advanced characterization plan
- Working with your teams to flush out detailed characterization suites
- Execute the characterization suites and create data analytics to help create clear validation metrics
- Driving analysis of vendor Silicon & system characterization and identifying HW bottlenecks in advance of deployment in vehicle
- Monitoring the performance of the HW in the field and helping provide feedback into next generation architecture
The successful candidate will meet a large number of the following requirements:
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field
- In depth experience with variety of HW components like SOCs, networking, sensors etc.
- Hands on experience with embedded computing architectures including performance characterization of various peripheral interfaces
- Conversant with various automotive protocols like CAN, LIN, CAN-FD, Ethernet, FPDLINK etc.
- Conversant with software stacks (OS, baremetal) & drivers for embedded computing architectures
- Strong understanding of sensor data formats
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing
- Strong understanding of ISPs
- Understanding of automotive requirements
- Understanding of autonomous vehicle requirements
- Understanding of machine learning techniques
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chains
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.