Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, you’ll be part of the Test Automation team for low-voltage electrical hardware and you’ll support the design and bring up of automated test equipment (ATE). You’ll be working with our adventurous team of automation engineers on our cutting-edge end-to-end automated test systems for automotive electronics modules (or ECUs). This will be ranging from level 3+ ADAS and infotainment to the latest battery management and vehicle control systems!
- Work with the test automation team to design and troubleshoot automated test equipment for R&D, validation, and manufacturing.
- Run software user interfaces to exercise test equipment.
- Support the bring up and initial testing of circuit board assemblies and electronic units following defined test procedures.
- Utilize standard lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters.
- Utilize standard software tools for troubleshooting equipment (data loggers, etc).
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document test equipment failures.
- Perform circuit board electronic modifications such as component rework, soldering/ de-soldering of electronic components, etc.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics, drawings and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Able to move/lift heavy boxes fixtures.
- Technical degree in electronics or related field.
- 4+ years of electronics technician experience.
- Experience fabricating test equipment such as electrical components, fixtures, and test harnesses.
- Experience with power tools and mechanical tools.
- Experience with soldering & circuit board re-work.
- Experience with electrical testing using laboratory tools.
- Familiarity with automated test equipment.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
Nice To Have
- Experience with automotive test and validation
- Experience with programming languages such as Python or LabVIEW
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.