Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a UX Prototype Developer, you will plan, create, develop, and test various fidelity level prototypes that contribute to the overall user experience of Rivian’s infotainment solution. Your stakeholders will be comprised of various teams, including Research, UX, UI, Infotainment, Electrical, and the Executive C-suite members. These physical and digital prototypes represent the core deliverables of the User Experience team and will include interactive prototypes which may include desktop simulators, software/hardware developmental platforms, driving simulators, static Bucks, etc. You will be working with prototyping technologies which include Protopie Connect, Arduino, Automotive Hardware, etc. You will bring ideas to life by utilizing API’s, SDK’s and compelling, high and low-fidelity designs which showcase the User Experience and User Interface functionality of our Rivian infotainment products (or other digital or physical products). You will invent new and compelling systems which help to force the gap between the research teams and their test subjects.
- Create exciting and fully interactive prototypes that tell a story in a comprehensive way
- Work creatively around industry standards to drive innovation
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team members to give and solicit feedback on design and prototyping iterations
- Utilize industry-standard prototyping tools (or write your own) to create powerful physical and digital interactive prototypes
- Stay up-to-date with the industry and embrace ever-changing technology trends
- Work with project teams to ensure on-time and on-target delivery of final product
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams in order to design and develop software and hardware deliverables for various needs
- 5+ years of professional prototyping experience or demonstration of equivalent skill level
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining flexible with revisions and last-minute requests
- Solid understanding of user interface and user-centric design concepts
- Strong internal design compass and attention to detail
- Strong programming ability in one or more languages (C, CC++, Python, Java)
- Strong ability using APIs and SDKs.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed with new APIs/SDKs/IDEs to support proprietary hardware platforms (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pie, XMM, etc.)
- Working level knowledge of single-board microcontroller / computers (e.g., Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, Pine64, etc.)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.