Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Develop controls and algorithms for stationary energy systems applications
- Develop ground-up software modules as needed including software subsystem architecture and controls
- Apply coding standards in the creation, unit testing, & review of your code/models
- Integrate model-based code for testing in a MiL & HiL test setup. Develop test vectors, including corner cases. Test and document results
- Transition between C-programming and Model Based Design (Matlab/Simulink)
- Collaborate with firmware engineers to integrate application-layer software into the embedded software platform
- Collaborate with electrical teams to define and integrate components, check functionality on the bench and in the storage system
- Assess input & output constraints to best develop sensor/measurement scheduling
- Collaborate with system engineers to interpret requirements
- Participate in code design reviews
This is what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical/Mechanical/Chemical engineering
- Strong understanding of battery and renewable energy systems
- Strong understanding of electric power systems
- 3+ yrs. experience in Controls Software Development/Testing
- 3+ yrs. experience in MATLAB/Simulink based simulation, controls development, code generation, debugging and model testing
- Experience coding in C/C++ is a plus
- Experience coding in Python
- Understanding of Electric Vehicle Propulsion or Grid Energy Storage Systems
- Strong understanding of version control and issue tracking tools, preferably GIT and Jira
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.