Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead a group of electrical engineers to develop industry best propulsion inverter products from concept to production phase
- Manage design release of electrical deliverables such as schematic, BOM, fab, and assembly drawings for PCB assemblies
- Manage development of key components such as power modules, circuit boards, etc
- Provide design direction and design support to team members
- Resolve hardware related failures and come up with short- and long-term corrective plans
- Select and manage suppliers by working with supply chain group
- Work with systems engineering team to capture relevant requirements and ensure these are satisfied with electrical design
- Coordinate with test and validation team to ensure product is fully validated and identified issues resolved
- Conduct design reviews and deliver hardware in time to meet all milestones
- Develop production test requirements documents for PCBA and unit level
- Ensure team works closely with circuit board CM to ensure smooth and quality delivery
- Manage team to provide necessary support of manufacturing activity
- Interact with and facilitate cross-functional discussions with multiple teams: Quality, Reliability, Systems, Mechanical, Manufacturing, and Supply Chain
- Work with Supply Quality Engineering team (SQE) and other quality teams to resolve any product quality issues
- Drive close communication and collaboration with mechanical and software/controls teams
- Plan the roadmap for future products and introduce new technology as appropriate
- Report out all component and unit level design development status on regular basis
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years product development experience, specializing in power electronics
- Have minimum 3 years of engineering group management experience
- Experience with high power propulsion inverters or similar industrial products, automotive experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of power devices, modules, and packaging technologies
- Deep understanding of gate drivers and circuit design for efficiency optimization and protection
- Experience with packaging on-board power electronics for electrified vehicles
- Understanding of motor control algorithms and PWM methodologies
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment
- Proactive attitude toward problems and challenges
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.