Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, the engineering manager would oversee the integration / packaging of all the electrical hardware components into a vehicle platform as a holistic system. The aim is to create the lightest, cheapest, and simplest electrical systems possible, whilst achieving a high level of electrical functionality.
The type of components involved would be wiring harnessing, ECU’s, sensors, switches, acoustic alert devices, displays etc. In addition, your team would design the mechanical components required to mount / support them, such as metallic brackets, grommets & injection molded parts.
- Work with other Electrical Hardware team leaders to layout the high-level electrical architecture.
- Champion for low mass, low cost, low complexity electrical systems.
- Primary point of contact for platform integration issues.
- Primary presenter for integration related topics in the design reviews with the chief engineer.
- Run internal design reviews.
- Resource management.
- BoM management overview.
- Overview of mechanical component design & part release, ensuring parts are released on-time, to support the relevant vehicle builds. Including CAE, DVP & drawing sign-off.
- Consider all aspects of integration such as UI/UX, EMC, service, manufacturing build feasibility, thermal, durability, mounting, ensuring correct clearances, NVH, liquid / dust ingress, component functionality etc.
- Interface regularly with multiple business functions.
- Supplier management of mechanical components.
- Have 10+ years industry experience within automotive or other associated industries, and 3+ years of managing direct reports.
- Have demonstrable experience of cradle to grave product management.
- BS degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with Catia V5 / V6 / 3DX, or equivalent CAD package.
- Have a good understanding of component Design Validation Planning (DVP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP).
- Be highly proactive, dynamic, and independently solve issues.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.